[Bldg-sim] Hygrothermal properties of building materials

Abdul Murad Zainal Abidin zabdulmurad at yahoo.com
Sat May 16 14:57:27 PDT 2009

Hello,

I am currently using energyPlus to simulate a single zone building in hot and humid climate. The latest version of EnergyPlus has a combined heat and moisture transfer (HAMT) model added. My building envelope has polyurethane  foam as the insulating material (wall), polyethylene sheet as vapour barrier, cement screed and damp-proof barrier for floor construction.  The hygrothermal properties for the said materials in existing publication only have permeance and permeability. However, those properties are not included inside the HAMT model for the simulation to run effectively.

I would really appreciate it if someone could assist me in providing the hygrothermal properties of the said materials, which can be used in the HAMT model.

Thank you for reading.

Yours sincerely,

Murad
Loughborough University