[Bldg-sim] Roof construction-AppendixG ASHRAE 90.1

surekha tetali surekhatetali at gmail.com
Thu May 28 07:14:36 PDT 2009

Hi,

As per Table G3.1 of ASHRAE 90.1- 2004:"Opaque assemblies used for new
buildings or additions shall conform with the following common,* lightweight
assembly types* and shall match the appropriate assembly maximum U-factors
in Tables 5.5-1 through 5.5-8"
As the code mentioned all the constructions to be lightweight assemblies, my
guess is, that only insulation is to be modeled. I hope somebody can throw
some more light on this.

Regards,

Surekha Tetali