[Bldg-sim] SimAUD: 2nd Call for Papers and Datasets

Azam Khan Azam.Khan at autodesk.com
Mon Nov 9 20:49:05 PST 2009

2nd Announcement of Call for Submissions and Sample Dataset Paper
Symposium on Simulation for Architecture and Urban Design at the 2010 Spring Simulation Conference (SimAUD<http://www.simaud.org/>).
[cid:image001.png at 01CA6191.87B022A0]

The SimAUD 2010 Committee is pleased to announce the 2nd Call for Submissions to the new Symposium on Simulation for Architecture and Urban Design, offering a venue for architecture researchers and simulation researchers to come together to focus on this important area. Buildings are the largest consumers of energy responsible for 48% of all Green House Gas emissions and due to the complexity and multidisciplinary aspects of architecture design and construction, and urban design and society, modeling and simulation become valuable techniques to understand and optimize this enormous challenge. Scientists, engineers, managers, educators, and students who develop or use simulation tools are invited to participate and present original papers.
SimAUD is where the Architecture community meets the Simulation community, as well as the UbiComp, Design, HCI, InfoViz and Computer Graphics communities. We are also interested in research from related fields as they apply to the built environment.
We invite research works in several categories:

*         Papers & Notes

*         Data Sets (with Note)

*         Video Showcase (with Extended Abstract)

Sample Dataset Note: As the concept of a Data Set submission is new, we present an invited Data Set paper to show the intended content. The invited data set is from the Digital 210 King<http://www.digital210king.org> project and contains a detailed 3D building model. Of course, other data set types will be quite different so please add or remove sections as appropriate. Also, in addition to the submitted short paper for a data set, we expect the data set files to be quite large so please do not attempt to submit the actual data set files through the online paper submission system.
Download Sample PDF (395 KB)<http://www.simaud.org/downloads/210KingDataSet.pdf>

For submission details, please see the online CFP page<http://www.simaud.org/callforsubmissions.php>.
For further information, please see the conference website at www.simaud.org<http://www.simaud.org> or contact:
Azam Khan
Senior Research Scientist
Autodesk Research
azam.khan at autodesk.com<mailto:azam.khan at autodesk.com>
We look forward to seeing you in Orlando, Florida, USA.
SimAUD 2010 Committee