[Bldg-sim] Trace custom libraries

Mark Prince mprince at aeieng.com
Tue Nov 24 06:28:21 PST 2009

James,

Depending on what version of Trace you have, you should be able to "archive" your project files.  The archive option presents itself on the start-up screen.  If you don't see this option on your startup screen then you have an older version of Trace.

When you archive a project file it binds your individual library to the project file.  Then, when someone opens up your archived Trace file the libraries are merged onto that computer.

Be careful though, when you merge libraries, and if you have duplicate file names, it will erase your original file name and replace it with what was on the archive file.  For instance, if your Trace file has a construction type called "4" Face Brick" and the archive file has an identical construction type it will erase your "4" Face Brick" and replace it with what is on the archive file.

Hope this helps.

Mark Prince  LEED(r) AP
Mechanical

AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
5802 Research Park Blvd. | Madison, WI  53719