[Bldg-sim] ASHRAE 62.1 unoccupied space minimum outdoorairsupply

Zeng, Ming mzeng at leoadaly.com
Thu Nov 12 13:24:22 PST 2009

Hi Karen
I had similar questions as you do. However, typically the HVAC design at unoccupied hours is to enable the air handling unit, heat or cool and recirculate the air to maintain the night setback temperature setting .
As the Storage rooms, ventilation will be provided during the occupied hours . I think the reason to provide ventilation for storage room is to avoid stale air or dust accumulation. Probably the storage rooms will have occupancy occasionally during regular work hour.

Ming Zeng, PE, LEED(r) AP
Mechanical Engineer

[http://mail2.leoadaly.com/ladlogorednl2.gif]
730 Second Avenue South, Suite 1100,  Minneapolis, MN 55402-2455
T 612.338.8741    F 612.338.4840    D 612.341.9539
www.leoadaly.com<http://www.leoadaly.com>    MZeng at leoadaly.com<mailto:MZeng at leoadaly.com>

EXCELLENCE BEYOND EXPECTATIONS