[Bldg-sim] Modeling multiple different DHW boilers with only one input

Christopher Zabaneh christopher.zabaneh at ibece.net
Tue Oct 27 14:19:20 PDT 2009

I’m working on a two-building university dorm with eight and six floors respectively. (using EnergyPro 5)

There are four DHW boilers – two of 399 MBTU capacity and two of 900 MBTU capacity.

I am only allowed to enter one DHW boiler type and can then add a multiplier.

What would be the appropriate way to model this most accurately?

I was thinking of taking a weighed average value and inputting that with a boiler multiplier of four.

This would require more than a little explanation for LEED and Plan Check

Thoughts?

Thanks kindly,

Christopher F. Zabaneh

Engineer, LEED® AP
IBE Consulting Engineers
14130 Riverside Drive, Suite 201
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423‑2313
p(818) 377‑8220 X 295
f(818) 377‑8230
IDEAS FOR THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT <http://www.ibece.com/>

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.