[Bldg-sim] Glazing heat transfer

Raoni Venâncio dos Santos Lima raoniv at ig.com.br
Tue Oct 13 06:47:05 PDT 2009

This was my hypothesis, but none of my DesignBuilder students bought that.
Indeed, the glass surfaces temperatures (internal and external) were higher
than the outside temperature. On the other hand, the internal temperature
was lower than outside temperature. Apparently the glass tends to lose heat
from its external surface to the outside air (probably maximized by
convection) and to gain some heat due to conduction (from outside air to
internal air). In this case, my glass is losing more heat.

I appreciate your reply,
Best regards,

Raoni.