[Bldg-sim] Where should you choose your wall location forsimulations, inside, outside or center of wall

Nathan Miller nathanm at rushingco.com
Fri Sep 11 10:46:07 PDT 2009

Unless you are looking at very small spaces, I just don't see the extra
volume being added to the space as introducing that significant of an
inaccuracy to the model compared to all of the other approximations,
estimations, and outright guesses we have to make to construct an energy
model.

Just think of any wall that is a curved surface that most programs have to
approximate as a series of planar surfaces. You can't perfectly match the
proper volume there either.

Nathan Miller

Senior Energy Engineer/Mechanical Engineer

direct: 206.788.4577