[Bldg-sim] LEED EAc2 baseline

Paul Erickson perickson at aeieng.com
Fri Sep 11 14:50:07 PDT 2009

Vikram,

1.       Per the v2.2 Reference Guide, you should use the total energy cost for the building, not the electric-only energy cost.

2.       If your project was registered after May 28, 2008, the document "Required Treatment of District Thermal Energy in LEED-NC v2.2 and LEED for Schools" makes it clear that you must include the central plant energy in the EAc2 calculations.  If registered prior to May 28, 2008, then only the energy associated with your modeled building/systems.

Paul

Paul Erickson LEED AP
Sustainable
Affiliated Engineers, Inc. <http://www.aeieng.com/>
5802 Research Park Blvd. | Madison, Wisconsin  53719 | P 608.236.1112 | F 608.238.2614
perickson at aeieng.com<mailto:perickson at aeieng.com> | www.aeieng.com