[Bldg-sim] Baseline Efficiencies

Felipe Durán felipe at b-green.cl
Mon Sep 21 06:50:23 PDT 2009

Bill,

Thank you very much for your email. Since I have ASHRAE 90.1 2007 SI
Edition, the cooling efficiencies for a "split system and single
package" are in metric units. For cooling the minimum efficiency is
COP 2.7 (kW / kW) which is equivalent in imperial units to EER 9.2
(Btuh/kW). For heating the baseline efficiency will be COP 1 (Electric
Resistance).

Kind Regards,

Felipe Durán Palma
Arquitecto PUC, MPhil. U. Cambridge
Director de Proyectos y Asesorías

Obispo Donoso 5 oficina 62 - Providencia - Santiago
felipe at b-green.cl - www.b-green.cl - 56 (2) 3431868