[Bldg-sim] District Thermal Energy - LEED v3

Yuvaraj Saravanan Yuvaraj.Saravanan at arup.com
Fri Apr 2 15:21:27 PDT 2010

I am trying to do energy model for 3 buildings in a campus. Each
building is seeking separate LEED certification. We have a new central
plant with Ice storage which will serve all three buildings. I have a
USGBC guideline  "Required Treatment of District Thermal Energy

in LEED-NC version 2.2 and LEED for Schools" dated May 28, 2008, which
discusses about how to carry out the energy modeling. I am wondering is
there a similar document for LEED version 3. If there is no such
document released by USGBC for version 3, then if I follow the
aforementioned document, the problem I have is, it reference everything
back to ASHRAE 90.1-2004 but LEED V3 follows 90.1-2007. Can anyone guide
me how to approach this situation?

Thanks,

Yuvaraj