[Bldg-sim] open source pre- and post-processing tools for eQUEST

Ellen Franconi efranconi at rmi.org
Fri Apr 23 14:35:51 PDT 2010

RMI is gathering and developing tools to support improved methods and
quality energy modeling. RMI plans to deliver these open source tools to the
modeling community in late summer (delivery mechanism still to be worked
out). As part of this, we will be developing a spreadsheet-based tool to be
used in conjunction with DOE-2/eQUEST to:

1) provide side-by-side input variable values for completing parametric runs
2) provide side-by-side output results values for easily comparing
parametric run results
3) compare metrics calculated from run output to expected rules-of-thumb
values
4) provide standard graphs of results for reports and presentations

If anyone is aware of open-source tools that address some or all of these
capabilities, please let us know. We may be able to use them as a starting
point for the work.
Best regards,
Ellen

--
Ellen Franconi, PhD, LEED AP
Senior Consultant, Built Environment Team

Rocky Mountain Institute
1820 Folsom Street
Boulder, CO 80302
303.567.8609 (Desk)
303.245.7213 (Fax)

Rocky Mountain Institute drives the efficient and restorative use of
resources, creating a world thriving, verdant, and secure, for all, for
ever.

http://www.rmi.org