[Bldg-sim] LEED - Treatment of District Thermal Energy - Annual efficiency

Nikola Kravik nkravik at rumseyengineers.com
Tue Apr 27 08:45:42 PDT 2010

On page 1 of the DES dated May 28, 2008, second to last paragraph says: "However, this district thermal energy .......supersedes the CHP........"
So I would think you have to use the DES paper and you can apply the defaults which are very low compared to ASH 90.1-2004 base.
I don't know what's your desired LEED Point EAc1 list, but will be tough to get a lot without having a lot of cogen/renewable.

Nikola