[Bldg-sim] Match ventilation rates

Ahmed Azhari aazhari at jainconsultants.com
Wed Apr 7 13:32:16 PDT 2010

Thanks Brian that really helps!

Ahmed

-----Original Message-----
From: B. Fountain [mailto:bfountain at greensim.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 3:21 PM
To: aazhari at jainconsultants.com
Cc: bldg-sim at onebuilding.org
Subject: Re: [Bldg-sim] Match ventilation rates

In EE4, the reference and proposed buildings always have the same OA
ventilation rates.  By setting the proposed building OA airflow, you are
by definition setting the reference building OA airflow values.

If you require different ventilation rates between proposed and reference
files (e.g. if you have high proposed building airchange rates in excess
of 120% of ASHRAE-62 and need lower values for the reference building per
old CBIP rules), you need to create a separate reference building run with
the different flow rates in the proposed building.

If you are looking at the proposed and reference buildings and are seeing
different OA airflow rate values in the SV-A reports between proposed and
reference then you almost certainly have a zonal type system with heat
recovery, where EE4 is derating the proposed building OA airflows as a
workaround to model the heat recovery.

Feel free to contact to discuss further.

Brian