[Bldg-sim] Non-Convergence Work-Around does not work

Linda Lam lam at transsolar.com
Mon Aug 9 08:28:35 PDT 2010

To Whom It May Concern:

We are working with a 2-layer glass, running under DIN EN410
environmental conditions.  Calculations execute successfully in both the
Glazing System library view and the Window Library view.  However,
Window5 either crashes or gives the non-convergence error whenever I try
to generate any report in either library view.  I have attempted to
decrease the window height per instructions
<http://windows.lbl.gov/software/window/52/NonConvergence.html> noted on
the LBNL website for this bug, but I am still unable to generate the
report.  It does generate reports when running with NFRC environmental
conditions, but we need the report generated for DIN EN410 conditions
specifically.

The details are as follows, screenshot below:
Glass 1 is SB70XL, with coating on layer 2
Gas 1 is Argon
Glass 2 is a custom laminate with 70% white frit. (Note: a similar
glazing system with 10% frit generates reports with no errors...)

Thank you!

--
Linda Lam
212 219 2255 | lam at transsolar.com
Transsolar Inc. | 134 Spring St. Suite 601 | New York, NY 10012

Transsolar Climate Engineering
Technical consulting for energy efficiency and environmental quality in buildings
New York - Stuttgart - Munich