[Bldg-sim] DesignBuilder x IES-VE

Paul Carey paul at zed-uk.com
Mon Aug 9 11:03:09 PDT 2010

Dear Raoni

Personally, I’d find it strange if you were covering the integration of
simulation tools/packages in your phd  and you didn’t cover IES as well as a
myriad of other tools to be perfectly honest.

If I was an external examiner that’s the first area I’d be looking as to why
you didn’t?

IES/TAS/ESP-r/IDA ICE/ DOE-2/Equest are the ones I think you must cover as
well as DesignBuilder/EnergyPlus as a minimum.

Cheers

Paul

ZED_LOGO_SMALL

Dr Paul Carey

BSc (Hons) PhD FRSA

Director

Low Carbon Energy Assessor

Zero Energy Design Ltd

10A Portland Place

2-22 Mottram Road

Stalybridge

SK15 3AD

T:  0161 3386200

F:  0161 3031281

M: 0789 4098012

E:   <mailto:paul at zed-uk.com> paul at zed-uk.com

W:   <http://www.zed-uk.com/> www.zed-uk.com

cid:image002.jpg at 01CA48E6.60E6D920

cid:image003.jpg at 01CA48E6.60E6D920

Certificate No: GB16647

cid:image004.jpg at 01CA48E6.60E6D920

Certificate No: GB16646

Please carefully consider the environment before you print this email.

Company Registered in England & Wales.  Registration No. 5815068

Registered Address: 10A Portland Place, 2-22 Mottram Road, Stalybridge, SK15
3AD, UK.

Privilege and Confidentiality Notice:

This email and any attachments to it are intended only for the party to whom
they are addressed.  They may contain privileged and/or confidential
information.  If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender immediately and delete any digital copies and destroy any paper
copies.  Thank you.