[Bldg-sim] Peak Loads Question and one Random Question

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 13:20:47 PDT 2010

I'm sure others have better answers.

But.....

The names you create in the Wizard disappear in the Detailed Edit. Better to
write them down, then translate them into the proper spaces/zones. I understand
this problem may go away in eQuest 3.64, when it becomes available.

The other question has to to with LOADS and SYSTEMS peak sizes. LOADS is
strictly the "barn" without any outside air or coil attached to it. The SYSTEMS
outputs have a fan, coil, and ventilation attached. Even with No OSA, you have
fan heat, coil loosses, and duct losses that will change your results.

John R. Aulbach, PE, CEM
Senior Energy Engineer

PartnerEnergy
1990 E. Grand Avenue, El Segundo, CA 90245
W: 888-826-1216, X254| D: 310-765-7295 | F: 310-817-2745www.ptrenergy.com|
jaulbach at ptrenergy.com