[Bldg-sim] Modeling fume hood exhausts

varun kulkarni seldomvarun at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 11:35:25 PDT 2010

I think it also depends on the software you are using to model a fume hood.
Because if exhaust is specified more than the supply  due to the hood, the
software  may disregard the lower supply and equate the higher value of
exhaust to the supply. I am also trying to  model a VAV exhaust fume hood
and facing a lot of problems doing it. So you have to figure out a way to
control you exhaust by altering your VAV supply.
If you know some other way, please let me know also :)

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Sami, Vikram
<Vikram.Sami at perkinswill.com>wrote:

> I think that depends on the total volume of exhaust. I don't have it in
> front of me, but I think if your exhaust is more than a certain amount you
> have to have either energy recovery to fifty percent or vav flow.
>
> Sent from a mobile device

Thanks and Best Regards,

Sincerely,

Varun Kulkarni , M.S. , EIT

RMF Engineering

5520, Research Park Drive, Suite 300

Baltimore, MD - 21228

Office : 410-576-0505 ext. 5352

Mobile: (+1)405-385-1928

Note: Please do not print, unless required.