[Bldg-sim] [Equest-users] an inadequate cooling capability warning

Sheila sheila at energyopportunities.com
Mon Aug 2 12:16:21 PDT 2010

Hi Kevin,

I see this kind of warning a lot.  The warning usually comes from the
design load calculations, not from the simulation of actual hourly
requirements.  As long as the thermal zone in question does not have any
(or minimal) unmet load hours (check your SS-R report), there is no
worry.  For code compliance, I would use the SS-R report showing the
lack of unmet load hours as a justification that the unit is in fact not
undersized.

I hope this helps.  Have a nice day.

Sheila Sagerer

Energy Engineer, EIT, LEED AP

Energy Opportunities, Inc, a 7group company

Phone: 717-880-9069

www.sevengroup.com