[Bldg-sim] ASHRAE 62 question

Kendra Tupper ktupper at rmi.org
Thu Aug 26 15:32:11 PDT 2010

I have taken credit for unoccupied ACH levels in the past, since Appendix G
specific a 50% turndown from peak ACH during unoccupied hours (G3.1.1,
Exception c.). My understanding is that you can take for an unoccupied
turndown above and beyond a 50% reduction from peak.

Also, all of this only applies to systems that are 5,000 cfm or more -
otherwise the baseline building exhaust fan system and operation should be
the same as the proposed design.

Kendra Tupper, PE, LEED AP
Senior Consultant
Built Environment Team

Rocky Mountain Institute  |  T  303-567-8641 |  F  303-245-7213  |
www.rmi.org