[Bldg-sim] heat gain of children?

Peter Simmonds peter.simmonds at ibece.net
Fri Dec 10 09:03:53 PST 2010

Cramer, from my old days of studying thermal comfort I seem to remember
a correlation between heat output and body area. I seem to remember that
average adults have a body area of 1.68m2 that produce 70W of sensible
heat. So if the body area of a child is less than the 1.68m2 then the
heat output can be reduced proportionally. I think this is report in
Thermal Comfort by Fanger, 1972

Peter Simmonds, Ph.D.
Senior Associate
Head of the Advanced Technology Group
IBE Consulting Engineers
14130 Riverside Drive, Suite 201
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
p: (818) 377-8220 x246 m: (818) 219-1284 f: (818) 377-8230

www.ibece.com <http://www.ibece.com/>
Ideas for the built environment

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the