[Bldg-sim] Cooling Load

Cheney chenyu73 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 14:54:14 PST 2010

Hi Sambhav,

My understanding is system cooling load > building cooling load.

The building cooling load consists of heat transferred through the building
envelope (external loads) and heat generated by occupants, equipment, and
lights (internal loads). Meanwhile, the cooling load on any building
consists of both sensible and latent load components.

The system cooling load consists of the required cooling capacity to meet
the building cooling loads as well as possible heat gain and lost within the
system. Use traditional air source system as an example, one has to take
into account the sensible and latent loads due to ventilation, leakage
losses in the return air ducts and heat added due to return air fan (if
any).

Does it answer your question? Or you are asking about the difference in
specific simulation program?

Cheney

LinkedIN @ http://ca.linkedinyu-cheney-chen/27/637/72b<http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/yu-cheney-chen/27/637/72b>