[Bldg-sim] DES Sys 3

David Eldridge dse at grummanbutkus.com
Tue Dec 14 08:43:07 PST 2010

My first thought would be "no"...both multizone (MZS) and dual-duct (DDS)
are central AHU systems that combine air flows for temperature control, I
believe the intention of the System 3 tier of comparable AHUs is to have
multiple single-zone AHUs in the baseline building.  Multizone or dual-duct
are more analogous to large central AHUs in System 7 or System 8 with many
individual thermostatic zones.

Probably the single-zone with reheat would be a better option?
Constant-volume reheat would also be analogous if there was only one zone.
It seems like the intention is to change PSZ as the original basis, into a
single-zone system served from heating and cooling plants.

David

*
*

*David S. Eldridge, Jr.**, P**.**E**.**, LEED AP BD+C, BEMP, HBDP*

Project Manager

Direct: (847) 316-9224 | Fax: (847) 328-4550

http://www.grummanbutkus.com

*Grumman/Butkus Associates* | 820 Davis Street, Suite 300 | Evanston, IL
60201

Energy Efficiency Consultants and Sustainable Design Engineers

*
*