[Bldg-sim] ASHRAE 90.1-2007 Fenestration Areas

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 14:17:40 PST 2010

Hi Will,*

*I think your answer is here:*

The fenestration area in the baseline building shall be equal to the
fenestration area in the proposed building or 40% of the exterior wall,
whichever is less.*

Based on your table you need to reduce the window area to be 40% of the
overall wall area, making it a band as described, except for the North wall
with 0% glass as it is already less than 40%.

Happy Holidays!

Carol

Carol Gardner PE