[Bldg-sim] WINDOWS 6.2

Emanuele Naboni emanuele.naboni at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 14:45:05 PST 2010

Dear All,

I am trying to calculate with WINDOWS 6.2 the  thermal
and optical properties of a facade system. The system is composed by a
double pane glass and an exterior shading system. The shading is parallel to
the facade plane, it is 750 mm (2'6") detached form the glass and it is made
by a metal grid with openness factor that could range from 30% to 60%. The
goal is to see how the component properties are varying depending on
different grid's opening factors.

By doing that I have encountered these issues, any type of help would
be greatly appreciated:

1) Here in Italy the standard for glass calculation is the EN410 is there
any way to use it with WINDOWS 6.2? I have tried to copy the zip file from
the Windows knowledge base into the suggested folder but I am not seeing how
it is then possible to select the standard for the calculations.

2) Is there any settings available to automatically use Environmental
conditions as defined in EN410?

3) For some reasons, depending on the Environmental Condition that I am
selecting, there are some results in the calculation that are N/A. Is there
any reason for this?

4) To model the metal grid I am using the Woven Shade, is that the right
option? (This is actually the case I am modeling)

Thank you!

Regards,

Emanuele

Emanuele Naboni - www.e3lab.org - info at e3lab.org
MArch, PhD Building Science, LEED AP, EU licensed architect
sustainable design consultant - consulente per la sostenibilita' di
tecnologie, edifici e citta'

per l'Italia: 346.4133337
from US: +39.346.4133337
skype: emanuelenaboni