[Bldg-sim] insulation hot humid climates

leen peeters l.f.r.peeters at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 01:19:39 PST 2010

Dear all,

for a student project, we are studying the options for improving the thermal
comfort in a hospital located in Bangladesh. The aim is to use as much cheap
and local materials as possible.
They currently use simple metal non-insulated constructions. We will go
there and build a extension to an existing hospital. The idea is to use
bricks for the walls, wooden doors and single glazing. However the roof
remains in metal. We have a small budget for improving the indoor climate,
however have no experience in insulation in these climates.

We would appreciate anyones help; references to reports, publications or
some usefull advice.

Kind regards,

Aushim