[Bldg-sim] Fwd: SketchUp 2 DAYSIM v.3 Error

Alex Krickx akrickx at seriousmaterials.com
Fri Feb 12 14:58:57 PST 2010

Hi Nader,

I'm not very familiar with Daysim (only used it once or twice) but I do remember from using Radiance that "spaces" (as in when you hit the spacebar key) are delimiters. In order to make sure that they're not misused underscores must be used (hence the program title "su2rad_daysim_r03", no spaces). I believe this applies to all materials (ext wall should be ext_wall) textures (rough concrete > rough_concrete) etc.

As all the output files for Radiance/Daysim are text based, you should be able to open them in notepad/wordpad and scroll through to ensure that your naming convention is correct.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Alex Krickx