[Bldg-sim] WINDOWS 6.2

rgaray at labein.es rgaray at labein.es
Thu Feb 18 00:50:56 PST 2010

Dear Emanuele

I have been workin for some time with the fenestration programs from the
LBNL and due to their hierarchy, a new layer should be defined in OPTICS,
then comfined with other layers to create a glazing system also in OPTICS
and finally imported to WINDOW, wehere frames are added..

Standars can be set in OPTICS, where i have just checked that EN410 is
available.

If you wanted to create a metal grid, y would employ a new glass layer
with solar transmitance equal to the hole fraction of the metallic
element.

I´m sorry but I have no idea on how you can solve your 3rd question.

Kind regards,

Roberto Garay

Roberto Garay Martinez
Labein-Tecnalia
Unidad de Construcción y Desarrollo del Territorio
c/Geldo. Parque Tecnológico de Bizkaia
Edificio 700
48160 Derio (Bizkaia)
Tel.: 34 94 607 33 00
Fax: 34 94 607 33 49
www.labein.es
Visite nuestro blog:
http://www.energiaenedificacion.com
Bilbao, 17-19 de Mayo, 2010
Open and Sustainable Building
Edificación Adaptable y Sostenible
www.OpenBuilding-2010.org

----- Mensaje de Emanuele Naboni <emanuele.naboni at gmail.com> en Tue, 16
Feb 2010 23:45:05 +0100 -----
Para:
bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Asunto:
[Bldg-sim] WINDOWS 6.2
Dear All,

I am trying to calculate with WINDOWS 6.2 the  thermal
and optical properties of a facade system. The system is composed by a
double pane glass and an exterior shading system. The shading is parallel
to the facade plane, it is 750 mm (2'6") detached form the glass and it is
made by a metal grid with openness factor that could range from 30% to
60%. The goal is to see how the component properties are varying depending
on different grid's opening factors.

By doing that I have encountered these issues, any type of help would
be greatly appreciated:

1) Here in Italy the standard for glass calculation is the EN410 is there
any way to use it with WINDOWS 6.2? I have tried to copy the zip file from
the Windows knowledge base into the suggested folder but I am not seeing
how it is then possible to select the standard for the calculations.

2) Is there any settings available to automatically use Environmental
conditions as defined in EN410?

3) For some reasons, depending on the Environmental Condition that I am
selecting, there are some results in the calculation that are N/A. Is
there any reason for this?

4) To model the metal grid I am using the Woven Shade, is that the right
option? (This is actually the case I am modeling)

Thank you!

Regards,

Emanuele

Emanuele Naboni - www.e3lab.org - info at e3lab.org
MArch, PhD Building Science, LEED AP, EU licensed architect
sustainable design consultant - consulente per la sostenibilita' di
tecnologie, edifici e citta'

per l'Italia: 346.4133337
from US: +39.346.4133337
skype: emanuelenaboni

Imprime solo lo imprescindible, recuerda tu compromiso con el MEDIO AMBIENTE
Behar beharrezkoa baino ez imprimatu, gogoratu zure INGURUGIROArekiko konpromezua
Before printing think about the ENVIRONMENT

Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario y puede contener informacion privilegiada o confidencial. Si no es vd. el destinatario indicado, queda notificado de que la utilizacion, divulgacion o copia sin autorizacion esta prohibida en virtud de la legislacion vigente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por esta misma via y proceda a su destruccion.

Mezu honek eta erantsita dituen agiriek (baldin baditu) isilpeko informazioa izan dezakete. Hori dela eta, hutsegite baten ondorioz jasotzen duenak jakin beza bertan dagoen informazioa ezkutukoa dela eta legeak galarazi egiten duela berori baimenik gabe erabiltzea.

This message is intended exclusively for its addressee and may contain information that is CONFIDENTIAL and protected by professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited by law. If this message has been received in error, please immediately notify us via e-mail and delete it.