[Bldg-sim] Fwd: SketchUp 2 DAYSIM v.3 Error

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 13 01:13:05 PST 2010

Hi all.

I don't see anything attached to this messages so this is a bit speculation:

It is true that Daysim handles spaces in filenames poorly. You should
export to a path that does not contain spaces like "C:\temp\daysim\"
or the "projects" folder in the Daysim installation.

Sketchup also has problems with most characters that are not ASCII
(like accented characters). They should not be used in file paths,
material names, group names etc.

Finally there is a bug in su2rad_daysim_r03 which has appeared
recently, probably only triggered in an updated Sketchup version. If
that happens the export stops during the process and you only get a
*.rif file but no *.rad file which contains the geometry (and
is what you're really interested in). If that is the case please
contact me directly for a patch and further trouble shooting if
necessary.

Regards,
Thomas