[Bldg-sim] Precision Coolers in Server Rooms?

David S Eldridge DSE at grummanbutkus.com
Fri Feb 19 04:53:13 PST 2010

25% is the suggested minimum process energy use - the actual process use should be modeled, even if greater than 25%.

-DSE
http://www.grummanbutkus.com

On Feb 19, 2010, at 12:14 AM, "Hisham Ahmad" <hisham at edsglobal.com<mailto:hisham at edsglobal.com>> wrote:

Hi Omer

Precision coolers/ACs in server rooms should not be counted under process energy but if your baseline case HVAC system type is 5, 6, 7 or 8 (Table G 3.1.1A) you can model a separate HVAC system type for server rooms as per exceptions to G3.1.1. This could be either system 3 or 4.

Regards