[Bldg-sim] Proposed Energy Modeling Conference - Your Input Requested

JRR energy.wwind at cox.net
Tue Feb 23 16:57:33 PST 2010

John Ross wrote;

I would skip Chicago in favor of Denver; DOE has a major presence at
NREL, and a trip to a conference could be combined with a
visit to NREL to see what they're up to.........

As far as expecting honest straight forward answers from utility
companies about how much energy you're using month to month and year to
year.....
don't hold your breath !! A "major" electric utility in Northern
Virginia changes the number of days in a particular month's bill from
year to year.
The only place the number of days is shown is on the original bill. The
previous 11 months shown on each bill have an unknown and variable
number of days.
18 month and 24 month summaries did not show the number of days in each
bill until I got a meeting with a new , Republican , County Supervisor.

The weather data for my location, Sterling VA, next huge Dulles Airport
came chopped up into over 15 separate data files due to outages......
They actually don't have UPS backup power or redundant sensors for much
of the "continuous data" that started in ? 1991 ??