[Bldg-sim] Garage Ventilation Fans with CO sensors study

Neetu Singh neetu at greenengineer.com
Thu Jan 28 08:58:46 PST 2010

Hi,

I know this topic has been discussed time and again on this forum, but I was
just hoping if someone can point me to an actual study or measured data that
shows the percentage utilization of garage ventilation fans with CO sensors
as compared to a baseline system with continuous fan operation during hours
of occupancy and no CO sensors.

There are various assumptions people take for number of hours the fans would
operate, ranging from 10% reduction in fan hours operation to  a 75%
reduction in the design case with CO sensors.

My question is , if there any measured data or study for typical large
garages serving high-rise buildings that use CO sensors and how many hours
those fans run/day?

Any lead/info in this direction would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Neetu

Neetu Singh, LEED AP

The Green Engineer, LLP