[Bldg-sim] FYI great source for international weather data

Julia Beabout juliabeabout at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 29 06:59:27 PST 2010

It's been pointed out that my reply below was inserted into the wrong email chain.  This is the chain I meant to put it in. Hopefully, it will make more sense now.
Apologies, I'm going back to get another cup of coffee now.

Good point.  Thanks for pointing that out.  My understanding is that they use actual weather data from weather stations where they exist.  So, if you happen to need weather data for one of
those sites, then you are getting actual weather data.   If you request
an "in between" site, then they interpolate via triangulation to get
that weather data.  However, they appear to be able to take into
account specific details of your site such as elevation, landscape, etc
if you have that info.