[Bldg-sim] White Box Technologies announces the establishment of a Center for Open Source Building Simulations

James Hess JHess at tmecorp.com
Mon Jan 25 08:37:09 PST 2010

I had a related/similar question.

I thought DOE2.2 was already open source since it's paid for via public funds.  I also thought that DOE2.2 picked up where DOE2.1E left off and already added several enhancements.

Question: Can COSBES work with DOE2.2 and further improve it, versus starting back where DOE2.1E left off?

Maybe you're already planning to do that, don't know.  It would seem a good idea to have one consolidated version of DOE2 with all enhancements added since DOE2.1E final release.

Any clarification you can provide will be appreciated.

Several of us out here always excited to hear of potential improvements to eQuest/DOE2.2 to help us with our projects.

Thanks! :)

Regards,

James A.  Hess, PE, CEM
Senior Energy Engineer