[Bldg-sim] Actual HVAC Heat Load Calculations Vs Heat Load Calculations as per LEED

Ashraf Khan ashraf at mecsd.com
Thu Jul 1 03:09:49 PDT 2010

Hi,

For LEED Energy Modeling generally we consider software of DOE, EQUEST,
TRANE, HAP etc..

To design a Heat load calculations for HVAC generally considered the exact
load in the Building and to comply for LEED Requirements of EAC1 - Optimized
Energy Performance we need to consider 25% of Process Load cost which is
much less.

Cooling load will be different when we compare between Actual Heat Load and
the Heat Load as per LEED. I hope I'm correct.

I received a comment from LEED Reviewer, that "Proposed model should reflect
all the HVAC equipment in the actual design at actual component capacities"

Please guide me how to model in Propose Design.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashraf