[Bldg-sim] Small building that wants to get LEED Platinum

Hopf, Johannes johannes.hopf at dreso.com
Sun Jul 11 23:08:19 PDT 2010

Think about micro-CHP in combination with absorption chiller, chilled
ceilings etc..

At my former position I worked to design a very energy efficient Mc Donald´s
branch. It uses geothermal energy for heating and cooling. It is located near
Bremen, Germany. (google Mc Donald´s, Achim, Germany, EE-tec – and then
translate)

It was a hard fight, because the central regulations of McD USA didn´t allow
to use chilled ceilings, heat-pumps, PV, LED-lighting, new induction roasting
pans etc.

Johannes