[Bldg-sim] SimBuild 2010 Conference - Aug 11-13 - register now!

Ellen Franconi efranconi at rmi.org
Fri Jul 16 12:20:24 PDT 2010

Energy Modeling Training Opportunity at SimBuild 2010

Please join us on Monday, August 9th, two-days prior to the IBPSA SimBuild
Conference, for an energy modeling workshop being presented by Rocky
Mountain Institute (RMI). RMI will share modeling knowledge, lessons
learned, case studies and tools. The materials are what you need to know to
improve modeling efficiency and quality.  Participants will be able to
access an RMI-developed modeling WIKI for continuous referencing of
materials after the workshop. The attached flier provides more details.
Please register through IBPSA's website:
http://ibpsa.us/simbuild2010/.

Please forward this email to others who may be interested in attending.

Best regards,
Ellen Franconi

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Shanta Tucker <
shanta.tucker at atelierten.com> wrote:

>  SimBuild 2010 is filling up fast. Register now to ensure your spot at the
> conference, which will be held Aug. 11-13 in New York City. View the draft
> program and register at the website: http://ibpsa.us/simbuild2010/
>

> IPBPSA is proud to announce three exciting additions to the conference
> program:
>

> ·         Lynn Bellinger, P.E., President of ASHRAE will deliver the
> keynote speech at the Opening Plenary on Wednesday, Aug. 11.
>
> ·         William Solecki of the CUNY Institute for Sustainable Cities and
> Department of Geography will be the keynote speaker at the Banquet on
> Thursday, Aug. 12.*
>
> ·         Peter Douglas, R.A., Program Manager for Buildings Research &
> Development at NYSERDA, will Chair the Closing Plenary on Friday, Aug. 13.
>

> * Please keep in mind that the Banquet is not included in the conference
> registration; it is an additional charge of just $45.
>

> Finally, we are pleased to announce that *IBPSA**-NYC is hosting a Welcome
> Happy Hour for all conference attendees* on Tuesday, Aug. 11, 5 pm -
> “later” at Amity Hall, 80 West 3rd street (map: http://bit.ly/dsxV5M), a
> 5-minute walk from the Kimmel Center. Light snacks will be provided and the
> first 50 people will receive a free drink. After that it’s a cash bar
> featuring $4 beers and $5 cocktails. Guests will be able to check in for the
> SimBuild conference at the reception (and avoid the lines on Wednesday
> morning). We hope to see you all there!

Ellen Franconi, PhD, LEED AP
Senior Consultant, Built Environment Team

Rocky Mountain Institute
1820 Folsom Street
Boulder, CO 80302
303.567.8609 (Desk)
303.245.7213 (Fax)

Rocky Mountain Institute drives the efficient and restorative use of
resources, creating a world thriving, verdant, and secure, for all, for
ever.

http://www.rmi.org