[Bldg-sim] Water warm up

Eurek, John S NWO John.S.Eurek at usace.army.mil
Fri Jun 11 06:35:19 PDT 2010

There was a question about the water which is wasted while waiting for the
pipes to heat up, such as in a shower.

From my memory, the concept was that the water you waste waiting for the
pipes to heat up would be directed to water the lawn since it is 'clean
water'. (At least in the presentation I endured.)

There are many things you can do with this wasted warm up water.  Most common
uses are toilets or irrigation.  It could be used in the same fashion as
water from rain water harvesting.

I deleted the original question so I don't if I answered the actual question.