[Bldg-sim] Simulating specific HVAC measure in e-Quest or other software

Chris floodyc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 12:20:55 PDT 2010

I believe it is a fairly simple process to set up a schematic design model
in eQuest.

By choosing the schematic design process many of the inputs are set to
default, which in eQuest's case are quite good and generally make sense.
This is the route I would take especially considering the ease with which
eQuest can perform parametric modeling.

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 11:18, Gregory Fanslow <gfanslow at veic.org> wrote:

>  I'm interested in running simulations of particular HVAC measures without
> developing a full building model.
>

> I'm new to building simulation software, but have some basic background
> with eQuest.
>

> Generally we need to analyze specific measures (e.g. demand control
> ventilation, efficient chillers, heat pumps, etc), where it is a retrofit
> situation and we already have a fairly good sense of the load we need to
> meet.
>

> Is there a way to set an arbitrary load within eQuest or comparable
> modeling package without creating a building load or, even better, has
>  anyone created stand alone modules that can accomplish these kinds of
> analyses?
>

> Many thanks in advance, Greg

Chris Flood BSc (Eng)
Senior Building Analyst & Energy Modeller