[Bldg-sim] Leed Zoning Requirements

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Tue Jun 29 11:18:07 PDT 2010

Generally, match the HVAC zoning when that's known (typical in my LEED
projects), combining the zones where they are significantly similar in
system type and internal/external loads/surfaces.  When you don't know
the HVAC zoning, 90.1 allows for simplified "perimeter/core" zoning with
some common-sense restrictions.  As Bill suggested, 90.1 user's manual
spells out both approaches with brevity.

Alternatively, you might read the entry "Zones for Buildings Without
HVAC Systems" in the DOE-2 help files that came with your eQuest
installation.

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER