[Bldg-sim] Energy Modeler Job Posting - CDi Engineers, Lynnwood, WA

Amy Mason-Rattay amasonrattay at CDiengineers.com
Wed Mar 10 15:30:55 PST 2010

Join one of the Northwest's foremost Mechanical Engineering firms as CDi Engineers' lead Energy Modeler. The Energy Modeler will manage the firms' energy modeling efforts, develop standards and mentor/train staff in area of energy modeling. Key job responsibilities include:

*         Perform building energy simulations and models as a project team member, including new construction and existing buildings.

*         Work with utility, state and national programs to assist in the securing of grants or other sources to procure third-party funding for construction, studies, etc.

*         Work with a variety of energy analysis software appropriate to specific projects, including eQuest, E+, EnergyPro, and TAS.

 *   Develop office standards and "shoebox" templates that will allow all engineering staff to develop simplified models.
 *   Perform spreadsheet-based calculations of potential energy savings opportunities in planning stages of projects and in support of policy development.
 *   Review LEED credit documentation related to energy performance for compliance with standards.
 *   Assist team members and client project teams with interpretation of and compliance with ASHRAE Standard 90.1 and local energy codes.
 *   Participate in project design charettes and workshops with staff and clients.
 *   Assist with training other engineering staff in energy modeling techniques and protocols.
Qualifications include:

 *   Minimum of 5 years experience with HVAC systems.
 *   LEED(r) AP Accreditation required.
 *   Knowledge of energy modeling programs, eQuest strongly preferred.
 *   Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent job experience preferred.
 *   Strong leadership, influencing and consensus building skills. Ability to mentor, coach and develop others.
 *   Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a diverse range of individuals, both orally and in writing.
 *   Critical thinking skills in conjunction with ability to work independently, balance multiple priorities, meet deadlines and manage budgets.
At CDi Engineers we know our great reputation is dependent upon our dedicated and valued staff. We value our culture of diversity and respect - for ourselves, our families, our clients, and for the environment. And we have fun, too!
If this appeals to you, we invite you to e-mail your resume to hr at cdiengineers.com<mailto:hr at cdiengineers.com> using "Energy Modeler" as your subject line.

Amy Mason-Rattay, Human Resources Manager
CDi ENGINEERS
4200 194th St SW, Ste 200, Lynnwood, WA 98036
P 425-672-1071 | F 425-778-8769

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information, as well as content subject to copyright and other intellectual laws.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose, use, copy, or distribute the email message or its attachments.  If you believe you have received this email message in error, please contact the sender by reply email, immediately delete this email and destroy copies.