[Bldg-sim] Breaking down COP/EER of baseline

Jaigath Chandraprakash cjaigath at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 01:39:05 PST 2010

Is it correct that the EER and COP efficiencies listed in Tables 6.8.1 for packaged equipments includes fan energy thus I still have to separate fan power? Or are these effiency already exclude fan energy?

So for a 2.85 COP, 375 cfm, 12000 Btu/h unit and using the fan power in Appendix G I would end up with  baseline bhp of 0.323 and Pfan of .319 and COP of 4.19.  Can anyone confirm this? I think the COP I am geting is too high for a baseline?

Thanks.

Jaigath