[Bldg-sim] Infiltration Calc

Grando, John JGrando at cosentini.com
Wed Mar 17 12:08:30 PDT 2010

Hello All,

Does anyone know of a way I can reference a child code word for DOE2?  My specific situation is that I want my infiltration to be controlled via a global parameter that represents the infiltration in terms of CFM/SF of Exterior wall.  I want to be able to parametrically change this value so I have to do it in DD Edit.  The problem is that infiltration is a zone keyword that is the parent of the exterior wall.  It wouldn't be an issue the other way around because I could just use the #P("keyword").  Any ideas on how I can reference the child using DOE2 language?

Even having an idea on how I can define all of the exterior wall's length per zone would be helpful.

John Grando LEED AP| Mechanical Engineer

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY

This E-mail message and its attachments (if any) are intended solely for the use of the addressees hereof.  In addition, this message and the attachments (if any) may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are prohibited from reading, disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating or otherwise using this transmission.  Delivery of this message to any person other than the intended recipient is not intended to waive any right or privilege.  If you have received this message in error, please promptly notify the sender by reply E-mail and immediately delete this message from your system.