[Bldg-sim] Ventilation rates in industrial buildings

Lizzy Guhl lizzy.guhl at energyarq.com
Mon Mar 22 05:38:41 PDT 2010

Dear All,

I am modeling an industrial building for Leed compliance and I have some
doubts about how to model the proposed and baseline building:

The ventilation rates defined by the user for most of the zones are much
higher than the required rates. The point is that we just can´t reach the
necessary savings due to the high ventilation rates and therefore we
recommended to reduce them.  Now my question is how to model this for Leed
compliance. Is it necessary to model both the baseline and proposed building
with the same ventilation rates? Or do I need to model the baseline building
with the required rates according to Ashrae 90.1 and the proposed building
with the defined rates? Suggestions are highly appreciated.

Regards,

Lizzy

LIZZY GUHL
Dipl. Ing. (FH) Mechanical Engineering | Sustainable Design Consultant

ENERGY A R Q
Sustainability | Energy | Building Simulations | LEED®
Member of the United States Green Building Council (USGBC)
Chile: Juan Bautista Pastene 3120, Vitacura, Santiago | Tel. +56 2 9813142
USA: 31 Willard St., Cambridge, MA | Tel. +1 617 710 2360
www.energyarq.com

P  Consider the environment before printing this email