[Bldg-sim] Model HVAC systems in industrial buildings

Lizzy Guhl lizzy.guhl at energyarq.com
Tue Mar 30 06:13:46 PDT 2010

Dear All,

I have a couple of questions about an industrial building I am modeling at
the moment (bottle filling company).

In the different zones of the warehouse (production and filling of bottles,
storage, laboratories, etc.) they are not planning to install HVAC systems.
But all of these zones are occupied constantly by the workers (8760 hours a
year), although the occupancy density is quite small (e.g. 40 people/20.000
m2). Without HVAC systems we definitely don´t reach the comfort temperatures
during all the 8760 hours, so I am not sure if it´s actually possible to
consider these zones without HVAC systems?!

Besides that, I was wondering if we can change the lower temperature limit
considering special thermal clothing for the workers?

I look forward to your response.

Regards,

Lizzy

LIZZY GUHL
Dipl. Ing. (FH) Mechanical Engineering | Sustainable Design Consultant

ENERGY A R Q
Sustainability | Energy | Building Simulations | LEED®
Member of the United States Green Building Council (USGBC)
Chile: Juan Bautista Pastene 3120, Vitacura, Santiago | Tel. +56 2 9813142
USA: 31 Willard St., Cambridge, MA | Tel. +1 617 710 2360
www.energyarq.com

P  Consider the environment before printing this email