[Bldg-sim] differences between energy simulations programs

Chris Yates chris at zed-uk.com
Wed Mar 24 12:43:29 PDT 2010

Erm, what passive solar books have you read?

Basically a layer of insulation (carpet) will reduce startup loads
when the thermostat switches from, say, 15 degC setback to 21. Trane
(although i cannot speak of the quality of its algorithms) is probably
right.

It may be better to be uncarpetted if your heating doesn't have a
setback. You don't get any startup heating load spikes then.

Sent from my iPhone