[Bldg-sim] DOAS system

Chris Yates chris at zed-uk.com
Sat Mar 27 04:50:41 PDT 2010

This discussion has perhaps underlined the differences in terminology
between the US (where a significant part of development takes place)
and the rest of the world.

For example, in the UK 90%+ of systems using an AHU are "DOAS" but I'd
never heard of the term before dealing with E+.

Another thing we have come accross is the applcation of Fancoil
systems appears to vary significantly between the US and EU. In Europe
most fan coil systems are augmented by "DOAS". They can also be quite
advanced pieces of kit with electically commutated (EC) fan motors for
efficiency.

This is merely my observation from E+ where the Fourpipe fancoil
object is quite dumb (i.e. Single speed fan that doesn't modulate on/
off with the load).

I say quite dumb... It's obviously more clever than me!

Sent from my iPhone