[Bldg-sim] Natural Ventilation Control in Design Builder

holly wasilowski hollywas at yahoo.com
Wed May 12 12:39:01 PDT 2010

Hi,
I am working with natural ventilation in DesignBuilder.  In another program (CoolVent) I calculated varying ACH due to wind and stack effect.  I made a schedule and input it into DesignBuilder. The problem is, I would like DesignBuilder to both use my schedule of air changes AND close the windows when it gets too cold outside.  However, it seems that I can either be in Scheduled or Calculated mode.  Scheduled mode will use my ACH schedule, and Calculated mode will close the windows when it's too cold.  It seems I can't make DesignBuilder take both into account.  Am I missing something?  Thanks!
Holly