[Bldg-sim] Energy Modeler
Keegan.Yager at hdrinc.com
Fri May 28 10:13:35 PDT 2010
Energy Modeler - HDR Architecture (San Francisco, CA)
The Energy Modeler will work with HDR project teams to achieve energy-efficient building and system design. This will require working with designers, architects and engineers from the beginning of the design process through construction documents to help optimize energy performance. The Energy Modeler may also participate in energy audits of existing buildings to identify and investigate energy conservation and utility cost reduction measures. This may include site visits, walk-through assessments, energy data collection, basic financial analysis, and report writing.
- Participate in HDR charrette process and/or initial project meetings to discuss energy goals.
- Recommend energy-efficient design solutions and energy-efficient technologies, including lighting, HVAC, and building envelope measures.
- Perform energy and economic analysis of design alternatives using energy modeling software and spreadsheets.
- Develop detailed energy models using DOE-2 compliant software.
- Prepare documentation required for obtaining LEED energy credits.
- Meet with clients and team members to discuss energy modeling results and energy efficiency measure alternatives.
- Participate in energy audits of existing buildings.
The following skills are required:
Degree in Engineering, Architectural Engineering, or related field. 5+ years experience. Demonstrated practical experience, competence, and proven expertise in evaluating state-of-the-art building designs and energy-efficiency technologies. Thorough understanding of mechanical systems and controls and knowledge of the specialized requirements of highly technical facilities such as hospitals and laboratories. Ability to develop detailed DOE-2 or eQuest energy models. Experience working within the architectural design process. Understanding of energy efficient commercial lighting systems. Availability to travel out of state. Excellent writing and documentation skills. Good Excel spreadsheet skills. Good presentation skills with the ability to speak with confidence to building owners, facility personnel, contractors, architects and engineers.
The following skills are preferred but not required for this position:
Experience with Building Commissioning processes. Licensed as a Professional Engineer. Certified Energy Manager Accreditation. Understanding of renewable energy technologies and sustainable design as applied to commercial construction. Daylighting Modeling. Identification and Analysis of Water Efficiency Measures.
Apply online: https://prod.fadvhms.com/hdr/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=11153
Keegan.yager at hdrinc.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bldg-sim