[Bldg-sim] Specific power demand in Hospitals

Karlsson Fredrik E Systems Norrköping Fredrik.E.Karlsson at sweco.se
Mon May 31 01:20:16 PDT 2010

Hi!

I’m working as an energy engineer with a new hospital in Sweden with high requirements on secure power supply. The suggested solution for uninterruptable power supply will be a flywheel-system (and diesel engines) which according to the manufacture will give a lot of power losses in transformation and regulation devices connected to the flywheel. Just to be sure that the system is dimensioned appropriate I’m looking for figures about power demand for Hospitals (total and part connected to the UPS), presented as W/sq. meters or W/sq ft.

In this particular case the power demand is calculated to about 60 W/sq meter (everything connected to the UPS-system). Other hospitals in Sweden have demands about 35-45 W/sq m. of which about 50 % is connected to uninterruptable supply.

Thank you in advance!

Regards Fredrik Karlsson

________________________________
Fredrik Karlsson
Tek. Dr. Energisystem
Norrköping/Systems/Region Mitt
Telefon direkt 011-495 38 02
Mobil 070-307 51 66
fredrik.e.karlsson at sweco.se

Sweco Systems AB
Vattengränden 14
602 22 Norrköping
Telefon 011-495 38 00
www.sweco.se<http://www.sweco.se>

<
Please consider the environment before printing my e-mail.